Since our inception in 1901 we have provided financial products and services to our friends and neighbors. Originally known as the State Bank of Cyrus, our name was changed in the year 2000 to Hometown Community Bank upon the completion of our new facility in Forada.
In October 1901, W.J. Carlson of Glenwood built and opened the first banking facility in Cyrus on the south side of Main Street. In 1915 a new brick building (the present site of the Bank) was erected. The officers at that time were P.O. Lee, President, A.H. Toftner, vice president, and O.E. Bjorgaard, cashier. The Bank had capital stock of $20,000. In January 1952 Leonard Leifgren became President. In June 1957 A.H. Stellner purchased the interest of Mr. Leifgren and was named President. Mr. Stellner served as President, and then Chairman of the Board until his death in May 2001. At that time A.H.’s son John A. Stellner was appointed Chairman and CEO.
We are proud of our "Hometown" heritage and are committed to continue to provide the excellence in products and services that our customers have come to expect.